Sunday Love

Hello dear readers!

Warning: This post will be just another cliché post that’ll make you sick.

It’s okay if you don’t want to read. Cuz I don’t think I have people interested in my blog nway. I just need to spill this out.

I just finished reading The Thing About Jane Spring. Like I said, it’s just another typical love story. At the end, I thought to myself, ‘Why did I bought this book? Why did I even bother paying for this book??’. Not that it’s not that worthy to read it, but I think it’s a very typical romance book. Okay, fine, I bought it cuz I think I have some similarities with the heroine of the story. Mind me. *cough cough* We both are smart, value the honor and... we both have never been approached by guys. Hahah to that I know! XD 

But seriously,  I bought this book hoping that I could get some insight on why no guys approached me (I know I'm not gorgeous enough to be approached, but then when I see other girls bigger than me, have bf???? Like, WHATTTT???? HOWWW???? hahah), what makes guys go get a girl (other than the fact they tend to look at the body first, then only to your first. Like, that’s so cruel!! We don’t look at your penis first before we go out, no? No!). 

The heroine, which is Jane Spring (obviously), was drawn as a smart, plain-looking, and strict girl. She decided to change her appearance and her looks just to find the right guy. Now, this is something that really contradicts to my principle; I'll never change for a guy. I don't wanna get thinner, slimmer just for the sake of guys, just because I want to be attracted to. No. I'm changing only because of me, because I want to get healthy.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." 
 Marilyn Monroe (Marilyn: Her Life in Her Own Words)

Besides, the plot of the story was a bit too slow.. I was like, ‘Where’s the god damn hero???!!’.  Hahah That’s why it took me quite some time to finish it. Now I can’t wait to read A Year of Yes!!

Moving on.

I just watched The Notebook. Yeah yeah. You can call me lame, but not a loser. The term loser is never in my dictionary. I think lame is better than loser. Somehow, the word lame, when you say it, as if there is still hope for you to change, to not become lame. Whereas loser, as when you pronounce it, as if you’re loser and that’s it. That’s the bottom line. You can’t go back and you can’t go forward (that is to change yourself to become better). That’s why I prefer lame over loser. Haha

Anyway, back to the movie. I was so touched to see the love portrayed in the story. Yes it was all act. But it’s as if you can see the love in his eyes when he sees his girl. You can see his pain he suffered in silence. And yet, he still strive through it all, build that house all by himself, especially after his father died. He did it all alone. That’s one thing about man that I like. When they strive, they strive for it real hard. That’s why I guess it’s true when they say ‘You can do whatever you put your mind to’. But that’s a different story. I cried the moment when both of them died on the same bed, next to each other, peacefully. She was back, and he was there. All the time. Just for her. That’s true love. That’s how soul mate is defined. In this story of course.

You see, I don’t want a lover. I want a soul mate. Someone who can just be in the silence with me and we can still understand each other and communicate through it. I want someone who can drive me towards success, like my mom. Reminding me to achieve the best I can. Of course, he has to be someone whom I can respect and someone successful. A good competition for both of us I assume. I don’t want to reveal too much on this matter as I don’t think it is appropriate to do so. I want George to do his homework. I’m not gonna spoon-feed him. LOL XD

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space." 
 Marilyn Monroe

Still, I believe there's more to soulmate. X)

Made it myself. Tehee~

My mom used to do that whenever she see me studying. 
I love that. I hope George can do the same too. And morning kisses. hehe! George, you read that?? XD Okay I think I better stop myself before I go any further and contaminate you with my own wild  imagination. 


P.s.: Still waiting for you,  George. Meanhile, I'm gonna rock my place! X)

P.p.s: Just using my local George for imagination. Haven't found the international one. ;D


P.p.p.s.: Will make a post on guys in the near future. Stay tune! XD





3 comments

  1. Nash: George said thank you. ;D

    Farhan: True. With perfection, there's no thrill in life, no point of living if everything's perfect.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind is there for a reason. :)