Phi-Phenomenon Evoked

Greetings Earthlings! :D

I've always wanted to do this; listening to a song and write something about how I feel or what comes to mind when I listen to it. Simply because I'm always like that. I mean, I'm pretty sure when we listen to a particular song, some things (memories, places, smell, imagination, feeling) will come to us, right?


So, here we go! >.<

1.      Perth - Bon Iver

This song was introduced by MY lovely, good-looking, sexy and cheeky Finn. ;P I really love the feeling this song brings. For some reason, I feel like I'm in one of my fav place; an airport, waiting for my flight. Just feeling... nice and good, with a lil bit of anxiety and the nervousness of traveling to a new place. Hot chocolate with marshmallow. Sitting on a sofa with a coffee, just sipping and immersing in the "airport feel". Also, kinda brings me back to those days when I used to travel. The feeling. Lying on the beach. Sunny day. I feel like I'm in my own world. =)


2.      Stop and Stare - One Republic

This is my all time favourite. If people love Coldplay so much, I'd say I love One Republic so damn much. Not that I don't like Coldplay though. ;) I love the beat, the lyrics, everything in it! Kinda remind me of my CBN time. Waking up very early in the morning and just listening to this. Mannn I dunnoe. This song is really something to me.
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years 
Steady hands, just take the wheel...
And every glance is killing me
Stop and stare
I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
Yeah I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be, oh

Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, can you see what I see

The silent conversation between my inner self and my body. Forgive me, for the emotions and thoughts I have for this song are not enough for me to articulate it as precisely as how it is in my mind.


3.      Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding

I love how this song started with the sound of the waves crashing, but there's also a mixture of glass breaking. Very artistic, and symbolic. The sea is the heart to the ocean? Maybe. ;) I'm assuming the river is actually love, cuz once you fall, you can't swim against the tide, you won't win. You have to go with the flow. But why stripped only to the waist? (Let's not take this literally aite?) Maybe when we fall into the river, we only give half of ourselves. The other part, however, maybe we keep it hidden because we're afraid that if we give our all, and it didn't work out, it's going to take all of what is us and we'll be left with nothing; one of the scariest consequences of loving. This girl has been hiding her feelings for this boy, "we held our breath to see our names are written", hoping that it is meant to be. "On the wreck of '86 that was the year I knew the panic was over". The fact that they crashed, meant to portray that they didn't make it. Both of them are hurt. Love this line; "I'll give you everything you need, but I don't think I need you". There's also a sense of hope and accepting & moving on in this song. And I love the vid too! :D
Please excuse the ad there. I prtsc it just for this post. ;p
My fav scene. Like she just came out from the sea. ♥



4.      Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth feat. Emeli Sande

Homygod. This. Is. One. Beautiful. Song. Seriously. If somebody were to sing this to me, I'd cair mannnn. No, I'm not joking. Even listening to it I feel like crying, what more if to have someone sing this to me. hahahah

This song got me by the first 3 line below. 
You've carried on so long
You couldn't stop if you tried it
You've built your wall so high
That no one could climb it
But I'm gonna try
Take it off now, girl, take it off now, girl
I wanna see inside
Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight?


I'm gonna climb on top your ivory tower
I'll hold your hand and then we'll jump right out
We'll be falling, falling but that's OK
'Cause I'll be right here
I just wanna know
Would you let me see beneath your beautiful?

I dunnoe. I think I'm very good at giving this "I'm unapproachable/unavailable" aura without me even trying. hahah Well, other than the fact that I'm not physically attractive enough to be liked.. well, yeah, that pretty much why I'm not into this.. kind of thing. But if there is someone out there who is willing to climb these walls, mannn hiew. I dunnoe what to say. haha Anyway! Back to this song. ;p When I listen to this song, and especially to these lines; "You've carried on so long, You couldn't stop if you tried it, You've built your wall so high" I felt like... it's like someone's talking to you and something they said makes you look them into their eyes cuz somehow, they've just hit you. Inside. Right on the spot. (Please, no sexual innuendo intended :p) Beautiful. This song is just.. beautiful. :')


Back then Zhafa used to give me some songs for me to listen to. And most of her songs are usually the kind of songs that I think.. would be nice to listen to after it's rained. But I love 'em nonetheless! I wish I knew some of the songs that she listens to now (cuz she always found songs that are.. perhaps some people would call it "underground music"). haha

If you think you have any songs that you'd like me to give my own personal experience (uuu~ not that I think anyone would be interested to know my personal experience, but ya know, sharing something is nice. ;p), feel free to drop any title of songs and I'll be sure to give my honest review (?) about it! In sha Allah. =)


Till then, au revoir! ♥

No comments

What's on your mind is there for a reason. :)